Windows 7 x64 and Mozilla?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Windows 7 x64 and Mozilla?

Patrick-160
Hi,
I'm trying to install opensc on a Windows 7 x64 pro.
I've tried manually and also with the 3 experimental installers (2x 32 bytes and 1x 64 bytes), the
install seems to work fine (except that the 64 version is still installing in the 32 bytes program
file folder). But I can't load any of the opensc-pkcs11.dll in either Firefox 3.6.11 or Thunderbird
3.15 (unable to load module). I have the same issue with Truecrypt.

What am I doing wrong?

Patrick
_______________________________________________
opensc-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.opensc-project.org/mailman/listinfo/opensc-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Windows 7 x64 and Mozilla?

Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE
Le dimanche 24 octobre 2010 à 19:41 -0400, Patrick a écrit :
> What am I doing wrong?

What smartcard are you using?

Kind regards,
--
                  Jean-Michel Pouré - Gooze - http://www.gooze.eu

_______________________________________________
opensc-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.opensc-project.org/mailman/listinfo/opensc-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Windows 7 x64 and Mozilla?

Patrick-160
I'm using gemsafe card  and as I don't have the latest gemalto client 6 I would like to use opensc
instead.
But the problem is even before using any card. I can't even load the opensc-pkcs11.dll in TB or FF.

Patrick

Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE wrote:
> Le dimanche 24 octobre 2010 à 19:41 -0400, Patrick a écrit :
>> What am I doing wrong?
> What smartcard are you using?
>
> Kind regards,
_______________________________________________
opensc-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.opensc-project.org/mailman/listinfo/opensc-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Windows 7 x64 and Mozilla?

Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE
Le mardi 02 novembre 2010 à 08:52 -0400, Patrick a écrit :
> I'm using gemsafe card  and as I don't have the latest gemalto client
> 6 I would like to use opensc
> instead.
> But the problem is even before using any card. I can't even load the
> opensc-pkcs11.dll in TB or FF.

Dear Patrick,

I just booted in Windows 7/64 bit to verify installation of OpenSC
0.12.0-rc1 32bit and could load opensc-pkcs11.dll

Please review our tutorials here:

OpenSC installation under Windows:
http://www.gooze.eu/howto/smartcard-quickstarter-guide/opensc-for-windows-free-software-driver

Iceweasel / firefox SSL X.509 authentication using smartcards
http://www.gooze.eu/howto/iceweasel-firefox-ssl-X509-authentication-using-smartcards

You may click on PDF version to download PDFs.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel POURE
--
                  Jean-Michel Pouré - Gooze - http://www.gooze.eu

_______________________________________________
opensc-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.opensc-project.org/mailman/listinfo/opensc-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Windows 7 x64 and Mozilla?

xavier-63
Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE <jmpoure <at> gooze.eu> writes:

>
> Le mardi 02 novembre 2010 à 08:52 -0400, Patrick a écrit :
> > I'm using gemsafe card  and as I don't have the latest gemalto client
> > 6 I would like to use opensc
> > instead.
> > But the problem is even before using any card. I can't even load the
> > opensc-pkcs11.dll in TB or FF.
>
> Dear Patrick,
>
> I just booted in Windows 7/64 bit to verify installation of OpenSC
> 0.12.0-rc1 32bit and could load opensc-pkcs11.dll
>
> Please review our tutorials here:
>
> OpenSC installation under Windows:
> http://www.gooze.eu/howto/smartcard-quickstarter-guide/opensc-for-windows-
free-software-driver
>
> Iceweasel / firefox SSL X.509 authentication using smartcards
> http://www.gooze.eu/howto/iceweasel-firefox-ssl-X509-authentication-using-
smartcards
>
> You may click on PDF version to download PDFs.
>
> Kind regards,
> Jean-Michel POURE


Hi
OpenSC installation under Windows:
http://www.gooze.eu/howto/smartcard-quickstarter-guide/opensc-for-windows-free-
software-driver

link does not work... Was it describing how to install a x64 compatible driver
to read smart cards ? I have a USB Gemalto reader and a pkcs15 card. Work with
XP x32 but cannot get it work with Win7 x64...

regards
Xavier


_______________________________________________
opensc-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.opensc-project.org/mailman/listinfo/opensc-user