Writing A PKCS#15 emulator or ... ?

Serdar-2
I Have a Smartcard, Readers etc. I know all information for this card and
i want to use this card with opensc.

This card is a blank card. Supports all ISO7816-4 commands, T=1 protocol,
DES3 and RSA crypto etc. But I'm a newbie for card programming.

I prefered A PKCS#15 structure and access with PKCS#11 libraries. But I
don't find a start point for opensc. I can built a emulator, but can't
find any documentation. I'm write a card driver (such as, card-tcos.c) or
emulator, but can't know best or right roadmap for write this apps,
layers..

And, finally, i can think publish all code and know-how documents with GPL.

Please help and excuse me for poor english..

Best regards..

Re: Writing A PKCS#15 emulator or ... ?

Paulo Soto de Miranda
I'm interested in build a library for PKCS#15. This library should be used in
several aplications as a module. We can do it together. What are you think
about  ?

Quoting [hidden email]:

> I Have a Smartcard, Readers etc. I know all information for this card and
> i want to use this card with opensc.
>
> This card is a blank card. Supports all ISO7816-4 commands, T=1 protocol,
> DES3 and RSA crypto etc. But I'm a newbie for card programming.
>
> I prefered A PKCS#15 structure and access with PKCS#11 libraries. But I
> don't find a start point for opensc. I can built a emulator, but can't
> find any documentation. I'm write a card driver (such as, card-tcos.c) or
> emulator, but can't know best or right roadmap for write this apps,
> layers..
>
> And, finally, i can think publish all code and know-how documents with GPL.
>
> Please help and excuse me for poor english..
>
> Best regards..

Re: Writing A PKCS#15 emulator or ... ?

Stef Hoeben
Hi Serdar,

if it's a blank card, then it's best to go for pkcs15 instead of pkcs15
emulation.

So that means making a
 - libopensc/card-xxx.c,
 - pkcs15-init/pkcs15-xxx.c
 - pkcs15init/xxx.profile.

There's no roadmap, guess it's best to look at the other cards.
You could start with a create_file, select_file, ..., in card-xxx.c
(trying to re-use
as much from iso7816.c as possible) and see if those work with
opensc-explorer.
Then you could continue with the harder stuff: the pkcs15init things.

And ask help if you're stuck:-)

Stef

[hidden email] wrote:

>I Have a Smartcard, Readers etc. I know all information for this card and
>i want to use this card with opensc.
>
>This card is a blank card. Supports all ISO7816-4 commands, T=1 protocol,
>DES3 and RSA crypto etc. But I'm a newbie for card programming.
>
>I prefered A PKCS#15 structure and access with PKCS#11 libraries. But I
>don't find a start point for opensc. I can built a emulator, but can't
>find any documentation. I'm write a card driver (such as, card-tcos.c) or
>emulator, but can't know best or right roadmap for write this apps,
>layers..
>
>And, finally, i can think publish all code and know-how documents with GPL.
>
>Please help and excuse me for poor english..
>
>Best regards..

Re: Writing A PKCS#15 emulator or ... ?

Nils Larsch
[hidden email] wrote:
> I Have a Smartcard, Readers etc. I know all information for this card and
> i want to use this card with opensc.

are these specs publicly available ?

> This card is a blank card. Supports all ISO7816-4 commands, T=1 protocol,
> DES3 and RSA crypto etc. But I'm a newbie for card programming.
>
> I prefered A PKCS#15 structure and access with PKCS#11 libraries. But I
> don't find a start point for opensc.

yep, the docu is sub-optimal

> I can built a emulator,

shouldn't be necessary if you use pkcs15

> but can't
> find any documentation. I'm write a card driver (such as, card-tcos.c) or
> emulator, but can't know best or right roadmap for write this apps,
> layers..

the first step would be to write a card-foo.c driver for your card
(for this it would helpful, but not strictly necessary, if you have
already personalized card (or a card with some data on it)

> And, finally, i can think publish all code and know-how documents with GPL.

if you want us to include your driver in the official opensc release
the GPL is a bad choice (actually we cannot include GPL code in our
project as this would make that whole libopensc a GPL project, but
it's licensed under LGPL and that shouldn't change)

If you have problems drop me a note.

Nils