XP/2000 wifi authentication card

GoldWater
dear all:

I have a existed wireless connection of XP and linux, which using on
machine certificate to logon (works fine). do anyone kindly to tell
me, how can I change it to use smartcard logon.
I have a Cryptoflex e-gate 32k card, and I use Cryptoflex
personalization tools to preformat the card to XP format, but I don't
know how can I write the root.pem and private-key.pem to the card or
write to where.

when I:

#opensc-explorer -c flex
OpenSC Explorer version 0.9.6
OpenSC [3F00]> verify AUT1 2C:15:E5:26:E9:3E:8A:19
Code correct.
OpenSC [3F00]> ls
FileID  Type  Size
0011    wEF    38
0002    wEF     8
0000    wEF    23
[3F11]    DF     0
2F01    wEF    10
OpenSC [3F00]>info
Dedicated File  ID 3F00
File path:     3F00
File size:     25840 bytes
ACL for SELECT:          N/A
ACL for LOCK:            N/A
ACL for DELETE:          AUTH1
ACL for CREATE:          AUTH1
ACL for REHABILITATE:    AUTH1
ACL for INVALIDATE:      AUTH1
ACL for LIST FILES:      AUTH1

Please Help!

Best Regards,

GoldWater

Re: XP/2000 wifi authentication card

Stef Hoeben
Hi,

For smartcard logon, you'll need a CSP, see e.g. the Identity Alliance CSP
(but I don't know it supports Cryptoflex cards for Win smartcard logon).

If you formatted the card with the Cryptoflex tool, you won't be able to
use it with OpenSC tool (except with opensc-explorer and opensc-tool).

And if you would put the cert on it, the Cryptoflex software (pkcs11, CSP)
probably won't be able to use it..

Cheers,
Stef