axalto + gemplus = gemalto

Andreas Jellinghaus-2
german newsticker heise.de reports axalto and gemplus are merging
towards gemalto.

please, please, please, please, please:
let the openness of axalto win!
gemplus has not been particulary open about their
smart cards and readers, and I wouldn't even know
how to buy one of their cards or reader, while
axalto has the great www.scmegastore.com size.

I recommended cryptoflex/egate for very solid reasons
to a lot of people. let's hope that golden era doesn't
end with this merger.

Re: axalto + gemplus = gemalto

Martin Preuss-2
Hi,

On Wednesday 07 December 2005 22:14, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
[...]
> I recommended cryptoflex/egate for very solid reasons
> to a lot of people. let's hope that golden era doesn't
> end with this merger.
[...]
BTW: Do you know were I can order cryptoflex cards in Germany (i.e. without
the need for a credit card) in small quantities (like 1 or 2) ?

regards

"Things are only impossible until they're not"

AqBanking - http://www.aquamaniac.de/aqbanking/
LibChipcard - http://www.libchipcard.de/

Re: axalto + gemplus = gemalto

Andreas Jellinghaus-2
Am Donnerstag, 8. Dezember 2005 02:55 schrieb Martin Preuss:
> [...]
> BTW: Do you know were I can order cryptoflex cards in Germany (i.e. without
> the need for a credit card) in small quantities (like 1 or 2) ?

there was a swiss company selling them, but a friend ordered a while ago
and received nothing back :(

so far usualy a few people joined to buy a pack of five.
did that several times. does anyone else need cards?

Re: axalto + gemplus = gemalto

JP Szikora
Andreas Jellinghaus a ?crit :

>Am Donnerstag, 8. Dezember 2005 02:55 schrieb Martin Preuss:
>

>>[...]
>>BTW: Do you know were I can order cryptoflex cards in Germany (i.e. without
>>the need for a credit card) in small quantities (like 1 or 2) ?
>>

>there was a swiss company selling them, but a friend ordered a while ago
>and received nothing back :(
>
>so far usualy a few people joined to buy a pack of five.
>did that several times. does anyone else need cards?

On http://www.market.axalto.com (ex-scmegastore.com), there is no more
the need to buy a pack of 5. But you need to pay a fixed amount for
delivery by Fedex (30-35 EUR for western Europe), so it always to good
thing to split that cost for a grouped order.

Regards,

Jean-Pierre