basiccard and opensc

Tommy Svensson-3
Hi!

Does opensc support basiccard's? Have anyone got the basiccard to work with
opensc?

Kind regards

//Tommy

Re: basiccard and opensc

Andreas Jellinghaus-2
On Tuesday 06 September 2005 21:12, Tommy Svensson wrote:
> Does opensc support basiccard's?

I don't think so. Unless it is compatible with some card
and nobody told me: no.

> Have anyone got the basiccard to work with opensc?

well there is no "basiccard" driver so someone would need
to write one. The webpage tells me it can do rsa and
it has a filesystem, and I guess the full documentation
is public available, so everyone with some free time:
go for it! :)

Re: basiccard and opensc

Andreas Jellinghaus-2
On Tuesday 06 September 2005 22:57, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> well there is no "basiccard" driver so someone would need
> to write one. The webpage tells me it can do rsa and
> it has a filesystem, and I guess the full documentation
> is public available, so everyone with some free time:
> go for it! :)

well, the filesystem is not on the card, but code for
a filesystem is available. so I guess you need to write
an application including that code and install it on
the card?

maybe it is easier to write a "musclecard" equivalent
application and use musclecard pkcs#11 instead.
(muscle has javacard cardlets for several cards so they
 can be used all with the same software. basic/java is
 not important in this regard, you could to write a
 "basiclet" for the card implementing muscle API and
 that might be easier than writing opensc drivers...)
not sure what is best, other people know those parts
a lot better than me. :)