card reader partially present

J.Witvliet

Hi all

I admit, subject looks strange…

I was asked to evaluate a bunch of new hardware we might purchase in bulk.

This time the ask it _before_ the buy a lot of them ;-)

It is about the “Fuijitsi lifebook P702”, that has in built-in smartcard reader,

And I’m testing with  lubuntu using opensc-0.13.0

If I do opensc-tool –l it correctly determine whether or not a card is present or not

But if I do: pkcs11 –O I just get “No slot with a token was found”

I’m pretty sure it has nothing to do with the card, when I plugin another cardreader, both opensc-tool and pkcs11-tool work perfectly.

I have encountered previously malfunctioning smartcardraders inside HP-laptop, but in that case I noticed that only T=0 was supported.

In this case, lsusb tells me that bothT=0 and T=1 are supported.

So has anybody got the internal  “02 Micro 0z776 01 00” working, and if so how?

Full lsusb –v dump of the working (external) and non-working (internal) readers are attached…

Hans

Dit bericht kan informatie bevatten die niet voor u is bestemd. Indien u niet de geadresseerde bent of dit bericht abusievelijk aan u is toegezonden, wordt u verzocht dat aan de afzender te melden en het bericht te verwijderen. De Staat aanvaardt geen aansprakelijkheid voor schade, van welke aard ook, die verband houdt met risico's verbonden aan het electronisch verzenden van berichten.

lsusb_external_smartcard.txt (4K) Download Attachment
lsusb_internal_smartcard.txt (4K) Download Attachment

Re: card reader partially present

Martin Paljak-4
On 03/09/14 16:34, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I admit, subject looks strange…
>
> I was asked to evaluate a bunch of new hardware we might purchase in bulk.
>
> This time the ask it _/before/_ the buy a lot of them ;-)
>
> It is about the “Fuijitsi lifebook P702”, that has in built-in smartcard
> reader,
>
> And I’m testing with  lubuntu using opensc-0.13.0
>
> If I do opensc-tool –l it correctly determine whether or not a card is
> present or not
>
> But if I do: pkcs11 –O I just get “No slot with a token was found”
>
> I’m pretty sure it has nothing to do with the card, when I plugin
> another cardreader, both opensc-tool and pkcs11-tool work perfectly.
>
> I have encountered previously malfunctioning smartcardraders inside
> HP-laptop, but in that case I noticed that only T=0 was supported.
>
> In this case, lsusb tells me that bothT=0 and T=1 are supported.
>
> So has anybody got the internal  “02 Micro 0z776 01 00” working, and if
> so how?

This reader has known to be troublesome:

http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/ccid/unsupported.html#0x0B970x7772

Just try to avoid them.

Re: card reader partially present

J.Witvliet
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the feed back...
I noticed other people complaining and pointing toward libccid_1.4.15-1 (which happens to be in untuntu-14.04)
But when reverting back to Ubuntu-12.04 it still does not work.

And I noticed that even under W7, you cannot use the default smartcard software from Microsoft, but have to turn to explicit third-party patches. Hmmm

Looks like buying these things will turn out to be "penny-wise & pound-foolish"

Hans