current trunk looks good [u]

I did some tests and so far it looks good. Still I have a few
more cards and readers to test.

Could you please test current svn trunk with the cards you have,
too, and post the results here? I'd like to gather the status
of all cards, so we will notice if anything is broken.

Thanks, Andreas

test results 2005-06-28

tested on amd64, linux, debian sarge ("pure64"), 2.6.8-11-amd64-k8
openssl 0.9.8-beta6, openct trunk, opensc trunk, openssh 4.1p1

cryptoflex 32k in egate: all tests passed, ok.
rainbow ikey 3000: all tests except pin0002 passed, ok.
aladdin etoken pro / cardos 4.01: all tests passed, ok.
aladdin etoken pro / cardos 4.0: needs to be reformatted first.

scr335 usb smartcard reader:
cryptoflex 32k: all tests passed, ok.
Gemplus GPK16: all tests passed, ok.
AuthentIC v5: Unspecified PIN [reference 2] required.
Cryptoflex 16K: all tests passed, ok.

Re: current trunk looks good [u]

Nils Larsch
Andreas Jellinghaus [c] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I did some tests and so far it looks good. Still I have a few
> more cards and readers to test.
>
> Could you please test current svn trunk with the cards you have,
> too, and post the results here? I'd like to gather the status
> of all cards, so we will notice if anything is broken.
>
> Thanks, Andreas
>
> test results 2005-06-28
>
> tested on amd64, linux, debian sarge ("pure64"), 2.6.8-11-amd64-k8
> openssl 0.9.8-beta6, openct trunk, opensc trunk, openssh 4.1p1
>
> cryptoflex 32k in egate: all tests passed, ok.
> rainbow ikey 3000: all tests except pin0002 passed, ok.
> aladdin etoken pro / cardos 4.01: all tests passed, ok.
> aladdin etoken pro / cardos 4.0: needs to be reformatted first.
>
> scr335 usb smartcard reader:
> cryptoflex 32k: all tests passed, ok.

what happened with the problem in init0008 ? btw: was this problem
somehow related to openssl bug report #1140 ;-)

Nils

Re: current trunk looks good [u]

Andreas Jellinghaus-2
On Tuesday 28 June 2005 10:59, Nils Larsch wrote:
> what happened with the problem in init0008 ?

cvs doesn't work well with binary files, and the test.p12
file got corrupted in the cvs2svn migration. replaced it
with an old and working copy, now init0008 is fine.

other problems are related to my laptop: the fan is no longer
working, so I can't trust it to work well, if it overheats it
throws random errors. now I'm testing on my new amd64 desktop
and it works fine.

> btw: was this problem
> somehow related to openssl bug report #1140 ;-)

yes, openssl segfaulted on that corrupted p12 file.
some bug in the input validation (so even file corruptions are
good for something, if only for finding buts) :)