data flow from API level to the driver level

data flow from API level to the driver level

sarat

Hi All,

I’m looking into the code to understand the flow of pkcs11.

What I understand is pkcs11-global.c implements pkcs11 functionalities and the function pointers of pkcs11 are defined in sc-pkcs11.h. My doubt is how exactly from which part of the code the CCID driver calls are being made.  Let’s take a simple example say if I want to verify the PIN of my smartcard, can someone please let me know the flow interms of function calls till to the driver level.

Please let me know if any clarification or details are needed on the question I’m asking.

Thank you.

Regards,

Sarat G

Re: data flow from API level to the driver level

Douglas E Engert

On 1/27/2015 9:08 AM, sarat wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I’m looking into the code to understand the flow of pkcs11.
>
> What I understand is pkcs11-global.c implements pkcs11 functionalities and the function pointers of pkcs11 are defined in sc-pkcs11.h. My doubt is how exactly from which part of the code the CCID
> driver calls are being made.  Let’s take a simple example say if I want to verify the PIN of my smartcard, can someone please let me know the flow interms of function calls till to the driver level.
>
> Please let me know if any clarification or details are needed on the question I’m asking.

Best way is to use the opensc.conf debug = 9,
pcscd debug, pkcs11-spy or use gdb.

Some of the flow depends on the card.

The libopensc routines make up the commands to be sent to a card
and the lib send them to pcsc-lite. pcsc-lits uses the CCID driver.