eIDAS-tokens and Apple-SIM

Anders Rundgren-2
https://www.bsi.bund.de/EN/Publications/TechnicalGuidelines/TR03110/BSITR03110-eIDAS_Token_Specification.html

  eIDAS-tokens have no links to the web (BSI and ANSSI doesn't have such knowledge) and are therefore already dead in the water.

We will probably have to leave this kind of technology development to Google and Apple.

Apple just launched the first step towards SIM virtualization:
http://techcrunch.com/2014/10/16/apple-sim/

Apple do use a SIM but it is not tied to a specific operator, which means that the original business model is already gone; the rest is only about "connecting the dots".

Anders

Re: eIDAS-tokens and Apple-SIM

Frank Morgner
Mappings of hardware tokens compliant to BSI TR-03110 into www can be
found in BSI TR-03112, BSI TR-03130 and I think in some other
guidelines.

Greets, Frank.

On Friday, October 17 at 11:21AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:

> https://www.bsi.bund.de/EN/Publications/TechnicalGuidelines/TR03110/BSITR03110-eIDAS_Token_Specification.html
>
>   eIDAS-tokens have no links to the web (BSI and ANSSI doesn't have such knowledge) and are therefore already dead in the water.
>
> We will probably have to leave this kind of technology development to Google and Apple.
>
> Apple just launched the first step towards SIM virtualization:
> http://techcrunch.com/2014/10/16/apple-sim/
>
> Apple do use a SIM but it is not tied to a specific operator, which means that the original business model is already gone; the rest is only about "connecting the dots".
>
> Anders

Frank Morgner

Virtual Smart Card Architecture http://vsmartcard.sourceforge.net
OpenPACE                        http://openpace.sourceforge.net
IFD Handler for libnfc Devices  http://sourceforge.net/projects/ifdnfc

On 2014-10-17 17:15, Frank Morgner wrote:
> Mappings of hardware tokens compliant to BSI TR-03110 into www can be
> found in BSI TR-03112, BSI TR-03130 and I think in some other
> guidelines.

Frank,

I believe we are talking about entirely different things.
I'm referring to high-level (HTML5/JS) interfaces for authenticating, signing etc.
Since browser plugins will be "verboten" this issue is top priority if you want to use the web.
BSI and ANSSI are not active in this space.

Regards,
Anders