failed to load pkcs11 module

W.B.V. FD
Hi,

I triying to get an aladdin etoken pro working on a
macintosh met firefox as browser.

After loading the opensc-pkcs11.so into firefox there
is no token visible. (Also after rebooting the system
there is nothing visible)

When I use pcsctest I am able to see the token, so it
is actually there.

The only kind of error I can get is when using the
command "./pkcs11-tool -I" The message is then:
"Failed to load pkcs11 module".

Does anyone have any idea?

I am using Mac OS 10.2 with firefox 1.5

Regards,

John

Re: failed to load pkcs11 module

Martin Paljak-2

On 15.02.2006, at 9:49, W.B.V. FD wrote:

> I am using Mac OS 10.2 with firefox 1.5

You can't be using SCA installer, what is working on 10.4 only (or
should at least check for it)

--
Martin Paljak

Re: failed to load pkcs11 module

W.B.V. FD
My mistake.

Sca version 0.1.8 and the Mac OS 10.4.4

--- Martin Paljak <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 15.02.2006, at 9:49, W.B.V. FD wrote:
>

> > I am using Mac OS 10.2 with firefox 1.5
>

> You can't be using SCA installer, what is working on
> 10.4 only (or
> should at least check for it)
>

> --
> Martin Paljak

Re: failed to load pkcs11 module

JP Szikora
W.B.V. FD a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I triying to get an aladdin etoken pro working on a
> macintosh met firefox as browser.
>
> After loading the opensc-pkcs11.so into firefox there
> is no token visible. (Also after rebooting the system
> there is nothing visible)
>
> When I use pcsctest I am able to see the token, so it
> is actually there.

Hi,

Your token is recognized as hardware, if pcsctest works. Did you see
the content of your token by a pkcs15-tool -D?
> The only kind of error I can get is when using the
> command "./pkcs11-tool -I" The message is then:
> "Failed to load pkcs11 module".
>
> Does anyone have any idea?
>
> I am using Mac OS 10.2 with firefox 1.5

Oops, 10.2? Do you compile opensc yourself? SCA can be installed (and
has been tested) only on MacOSX >= 10.4.3...

Regards,

Jean-Pierre

--
Dr Jean-Pierre Szikora                   e-mail: [hidden email]
                                            tel: 32-2-764.75.00

Re: failed to load pkcs11 module

W.B.V. FD
The OS version is 10.4.4 (Sorry about the mistake)
The Sca version I installed is 0.1.8

I hava tried the pkcs15-tool -D and the message I got
is "Failed to establish context: No readers found"

Am Mittwoch, 15. Februar 2006 09:49 schrieb W.B.V. FD:
> I triying to get an aladdin etoken pro working on a
> macintosh met firefox as browser.

did you initialize that token with OpenSC?

I'm asking, because if not, if you used the Aladdin software
for windows, then it can't work: they have their own proprietory
format, they don't implmenet pkcs#15 standard.

OpenSC implements that standard, and has emulations for other
documented formats, but the Aladdin format is nowhere documented.

But if you initialized the token with opensc (which is available on
windows, linux and mac os X and some unixes), then it should work
fine. pkcs15-tool and pkcs11-tool should show the tokens content
and with pkcs11-tool you should be able to check if it works.

Re: failed to load pkcs11 module

Nick Johnson-11
Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:

> did you initialize that token with OpenSC?
>
>I'm asking, because if not, if you used the Aladdin software
>for windows, then it can't work: they have their own proprietory
>format, they don't implmenet pkcs#15 standard.
>
>OpenSC implements that standard, and has emulations for other
>documented formats, but the Aladdin format is nowhere documented.
>
>But if you initialized the token with opensc (which is available on
>windows, linux and mac os X and some unixes), then it should work
>fine. pkcs15-tool and pkcs11-tool should show the tokens content
>and with pkcs11-tool you should be able to check if it works.

I have a related question: I also have an eToken, which I initialised
with the Aladdin software. I've been unable to get it working with Putty
SC. If I reinitialise it with OpenSC, is there a (windows) driver I can
use instead of etpkcs11.dll (that might give me better results)?

-Nick Johnson

Re: failed to load pkcs11 module

Andreas Jellinghaus-2
Am Mittwoch, 15. Februar 2006 19:07 schrieb Nick Johnson:
> I have a related question: I also have an eToken, which I initialised
> with the Aladdin software. I've been unable to get it working with Putty
> SC. If I reinitialise it with OpenSC, is there a (windows) driver I can
> use instead of etpkcs11.dll (that might give me better results)?

if you format it (with aladdins tool) and initialize it with opensc,
you can use it with putty + opensc-pkcs11.dll. should work, but
I only tested other tokens so far.

Good luck!

Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:

>Am Mittwoch, 15. Februar 2006 19:07 schrieb Nick Johnson:
>

>>I have a related question: I also have an eToken, which I initialised
>>with the Aladdin software. I've been unable to get it working with Putty
>>SC. If I reinitialise it with OpenSC, is there a (windows) driver I can
>>use instead of etpkcs11.dll (that might give me better results)?
>>

>if you format it (with aladdins tool) and initialize it with opensc,
>you can use it with putty + opensc-pkcs11.dll. should work, but
>I only tested other tokens so far.
>
>Good luck!
>
>Regards, Andreas

Thanks. Is there a windows binary available anywhere?

-Nick Johnson

Am Mittwoch, 15. Februar 2006 23:42 schrieb Nick Johnson:
> Thanks. Is there a windows binary available anywhere?
of opensc?

sure, use our installer with opensc, openssl, putty, engine_pkcs11
etc:
        http://www.opensc-project.org/scb/