function of access flags

WKK

function of access flags

WKK
What is the function of each bit in access flags?  If I generate a
private key in a card, I get 0x1D.  If I import a key, I get 0x00.  Do
the access flags actually accomplish something and if so how do I set
them for an imported key?

Sensitive and alwaysSensitive seem to be the same and neverExtract and
extractable seem to be the same function yet they are controlled by
different bits.  I am also interested in what the local bit does.

Re: function of access flags

Martin Paljak-4

On May 3, 2011, at 21:10 , WKK wrote:

> What is the function of each bit in access flags?  If I generate a
> private key in a card, I get 0x1D.  If I import a key, I get 0x00.  Do
> the access flags actually accomplish something and if so how do I set
> them for an imported key?
>
> Sensitive and alwaysSensitive seem to be the same and neverExtract and
> extractable seem to be the same function yet they are controlled by
> different bits.  I am also interested in what the local bit does.

They are explained in PKCS#15 [1] and more precisely, sensitive/extractable flags are delegated to PKCS#11 [2].

[1] http://www.rsa.com/rsalabs/node.asp?id=2141
[2] http://www.rsa.com/rsalabs/node.asp?id=2133
--
@MartinPaljak.net