how to unblock pin with e-gate

jari.heikkinen
I was unable to get the puk functionality to work with Sclumberger e-gate.

The command
        pkcs15-tool -u
Goes through well but does not actually unblock the pin. Also it seems
like the card erase does not unblock the pin?

It think I got it working with default 11111111, but that is not very
secure and I am not sure of that because I run out of cards.

Also I saw from the www.opensc.org documentation that to use
opensc-explorer, aut1 is actually the transport key.

Therefore it seems to me that there is little added value for putting the
pin to e-gate but it seems like --insecure option does not work either.

Does anyone know:
1. Does the puk functionality actually work with e-gate with any key?
2. Is it possible to erase the blocked card?
3. Does the --insecure option (e.g. card has no pin) work? How?

Please post example commands to the list if you have got any of the above
working.

Best Regards,

JARI HEIKKINEN

MODIRUM
Mobile +358 40 555 0125 Fax +358 9 251 66100
Tel. +358 9 25123737, +372 644 4205,
+1 650 557 2064, +44 20 7871 3122, +852 8199 0064
Mannerheimintie 12 B, FIN-00100 Helsinki, FINLAND
[hidden email] www.modirum.com

Re: how to unblock pin with e-gate

Andreas Jellinghaus-2
which profile are you using?
in pkcs15+onepin profile I blocked my pin far too often,
and pkcs15-tool -u did inblock it fine.

about the erase problem:
is this a problem with erase in general, or does it only
come up if people use "-C" and "-E" in one command call?

I can't remember havin any erase problems myself, so how
could we reproduce these steps?