iKey3000 + firefox + Linux

migfrade (Bugzilla)
Hi,

I have an iKey 3000 that I want to configure under Windows and Linux. So far I was able to configure everything I wanted on Windows XP (SP2): firefox and thunderbird can see the certificates listed on token the same way the original software does (I used Smart Card Bundle to configure FF and TB). In Linux I’m having some difficulties, I use OpenCT + OpenSC and everything seems to work ok. However when I try to configure FF or TB they allays say “OpenCT module (detached)”, but in the command line I can access the token and list the certificates. Does anyone have any idea of what might be wrong? (My Linux distro is Kanotix 2005-01, a Knoppix derivate).

Thanks,
Miguel Frade

Re: iKey3000 + firefox + Linux [u]

Andreas Jellinghaus-2
Hi Miguel,

if the command line tools work,
does that include "pkcs11-tool --login --test"?
the is the most highlevel test we have, and it is
very similiar to what ff and tb do.

if so, could you please use ff or tb with "pkcs11-spy.so"
instead of "opensc-pkcs11.so" and configure opensc.conf
so a log file of pkcs11 spy is created? please post that
log file, so we can try to see what is wrong.

Re: iKey3000 + firefox + Linux

migfrade (Bugzilla)
Jan Schermer wrote:
Try running FF/TB from xterm if you get some "permission denied" messages.
Jan

I don’t have any messages.

Andreas Jellinghaus [c] wrote:
Hi Miguel,

if the command line tools work,
does that include "pkcs11-tool --login --test"?
the is the most highlevel test we have, and it is
very similiar to what ff and tb do.
Yes it works, but only with root privileges. After this I tried to run FF as root and this way it can access the token, I guess it must be some problem with permissions. Is there a way to configure OpenSC so it can be used by normal users?
if so, could you please use ff or tb with "pkcs11-spy.so"
instead of "opensc-pkcs11.so" and configure opensc.conf
so a log file of pkcs11 spy is created? please post that
log file, so we can try to see what is wrong.
After a couple of tries the log file was empty, I need to check if my configuration file is ok.
Regards, Andreas
Miguel Frade

Re: iKey3000 + firefox + Linux [u]

Andreas Jellinghaus-2
chmod 755 /var/run/openct /var/run/openct/*

will allow everyone to use smart cards via openct.

or look at that directory and add yourself to the
appropriate group ("openct" on gentoo and "scard"
on debian, as far as I remember).

Re: iKey3000 + firefox + Linux [u]

migfrade (Bugzilla)
Andreas Jellinghaus [c] wrote:

>chmod 755 /var/run/openct /var/run/openct/*
>
>will allow everyone to use smart cards via openct.
>
>or look at that directory and add yourself to the
>appropriate group ("openct" on gentoo and "scard"
>on debian, as far as I remember).

it's working now (I added the user to the "scard" group).

Thanks,
Miguel