ikey 3000 only with root privilages

Viktor Gal
Hi!

::: couple of days ago i've received my ikey 3000 and when i've started
to configured i ran into a small problem: it is only possible to see the
key with root privileges, which means even with 'openct-tool list' i
don't see anything as a simple user, but if i run the command with sudo,
there's the key in the list. I'm using default ubuntu breezy packages,
tryed to debug openct, but the only output i got was this:

Dec 15 12:29:06 localhost ifdhandler[1295]: ifd_open: trying to open
ikey3k@/proc/bus/usb/002/003
Dec 15 12:29:06 localhost ifdhandler[1295]: ifdhandler_poll_presence:
card status change: 0 -> 1

any ideas?

regards
viktor

Re: ikey 3000 only with root privilages

Martin Paljak
I think this deserves a HUGE warning in the openct wiki: you must add
yourself to the scard (or some similar group.. check /etc/groups)
group ( and login-logout) on debians to access openct tokens....

m.
On 15.12.2005, at 13:31, Viktor Gal wrote:

> Hi!
>
> ::: couple of days ago i've received my ikey 3000 and when i've
> started
> to configured i ran into a small problem: it is only possible to
> see the
> key with root privileges, which means even with 'openct-tool list' i
> don't see anything as a simple user, but if i run the command with
> sudo,
> there's the key in the list. I'm using default ubuntu breezy packages,
> tryed to debug openct, but the only output i got was this:
>
> Dec 15 12:29:06 localhost ifdhandler[1295]: ifd_open: trying to open
> ikey3k@/proc/bus/usb/002/003
> Dec 15 12:29:06 localhost ifdhandler[1295]: ifdhandler_poll_presence:
> card status change: 0 -> 1
>
> any ideas?
>
> regards
> viktor

Martin Paljak

Re: ikey 3000 only with root privilages

Jan Schermer
I believe this is mentioned after openct installation (at least on
debian and gentoo), it is distribution's responsibility, not opensc's
to give this info (some distributions don't need this while others do).

Regards
Jan

On 7.1.2006, at 22:44, Martin Paljak wrote:

I think this deserves a HUGE warning in the openct wiki: you must add
yourself to the scard (or some similar group.. check /etc/groups)
group ( and login-logout) on debians to access openct tokens....

m.
On 15.12.2005, at 13:31, Viktor Gal wrote:

> Hi!
>
> ::: couple of days ago i've received my ikey 3000 and when i've
> started
> to configured i ran into a small problem: it is only possible to
> see the
> key with root privileges, which means even with 'openct-tool list' i
> don't see anything as a simple user, but if i run the command with
> sudo,
> there's the key in the list. I'm using default ubuntu breezy packages,
> tryed to debug openct, but the only output i got was this:
>
> Dec 15 12:29:06 localhost ifdhandler[1295]: ifd_open: trying to open
> ikey3k@/proc/bus/usb/002/003
> Dec 15 12:29:06 localhost ifdhandler[1295]: ifdhandler_poll_presence:
> card status change: 0 -> 1
>
> any ideas?
>
> regards
> viktor