[info@mightymarvels.de: cardos driver problem: PKCS#15 binding failed: Unsupported card]

info-1959
Hello developers,

I do not want to bother you but the opensc-users list seems completely
inactive. Is there an alternative list or maybe my topic fits here as well? See
below...

Thanks, smartmic

----- Forwarded message from [hidden email] -----

Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 00:45:50 +0200
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: cardos driver problem: PKCS#15 binding failed: Unsupported card

Dear OpenSC users,

I have a problem reading from a smart card. I have a cardos card, if I want to
run a command of the opensc-tool, it only works if I force the card drive, e.g.
this works:
$ opensc-tool -c cardos --name
typing..
$ opensc-tool --name
will give the error:
$ Unsupported card

Now I am interested in having the private key and certificates of the card on
my system (Mac OS X 10.6).
Running
$ pkcs15-tool --list-certificates
gives the error:
$ PKCS#15 binding failed: Unsupported card

Seems like the same problem above, but there is no "force driver" flag for
pkcs15-tool, is it? How do I solve this? Anyone ideas?

-smartmic

----- End forwarded message -----

Re: [info@mightymarvels.de: cardos driver problem: PKCS#15 binding failed: Unsupported card]

Douglas E. Engert

On 8/15/2012 2:24 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hello developers,
>
> I do not want to bother you but the opensc-users list seems completely
> inactive. Is there an alternative list or maybe my topic fits here as well? See
> below...
>
> Thanks, smartmic
>

> ----- Forwarded message from [hidden email] -----
>
> Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 00:45:50 +0200
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: cardos driver problem: PKCS#15 binding failed: Unsupported card
>
> Dear OpenSC users,
>
> I have a problem reading from a smart card. I have a cardos card, if I want to
> run a command of the opensc-tool, it only works if I force the card drive, e.g.
> this works:
> $ opensc-tool -c cardos --name
> typing..
> $ opensc-tool --name
> will give the error:
> $ Unsupported card

This probable means it in not a cardos card as you suspect. The OpenSC code
look at the ATR of the card, and tries to determine the driver to use.

Running  opensc-tool -a  should show the ATR

running any of the OpenSC tools with one or more -v options will show
more debugging including what driver if any got selected.

Also look at the opensc.conf for the debug and debug_file options.

2012/8/15  <[hidden email]>:
> Hello developers,

Hello,

> I do not want to bother you but the opensc-users list seems completely
> inactive. Is there an alternative list or maybe my topic fits here as well? See
> below...

The opensc-user list has been merged into the opensc-devel list.
See "Merge of opensc-user and opensc-devel." from May 2011 [1].

Bye

[1] http://www.opensc-project.org/pipermail/opensc-devel/2011-May/016678.html