libp11 suggestion

Paulo Soto de Miranda
Hi

I'm using libp11 and i want to know what is the smart card's model. But
"PKCS11_TOKEN->model" always return "PKCS #15 SCard". This function
could return the smart card OS, like Starcos2.3SPK.

Paulo Soto de Miranda

Re: libp11 suggestion

Martin Paljak
This can be filed as a usability bug against opensc pkcs11 module. For
many pkcs15 emulated and/or read-only eID cards it makes sense to
include some kind of identification information from the associated
certificate to be shown to applications (Like instead of 'Personal
identification' 'Martin Paljak') I have plans to make this inside
pkcs15-esteid.c but it would be smart to think about the issue is a
more generic form.

m.

On 9/23/05, Paulo Soto de Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm using libp11 and i want to know what is the smart card's model. But
> "PKCS11_TOKEN->model" always return "PKCS #15 SCard". This function
> could return the smart card OS, like Starcos2.3SPK.
>
> Paulo Soto de Miranda

Martin Paljak
[hidden email]
http://martin.paljak.pri.ee/