mac os X sage continues

thanks for the hint, there was one cyberflex in a big stack
of cryptoflex cards. Tried with the cryptoflex and my scr 335
smart card reader:

I can erase the card, I can start the regression tests,
but within the first script the commands start failing,
and when I "opensc-tool -n" it tells me there is no card
in the reader. Of course there is, but nothing will bring
back the card, unless I unplug the usb reader and plug
it in again.

I did erase the card again, started the regression tests
again, and same result: no card. but this time opensc-tool -n
took a looong time to complete.

I guess pcsc and/or the ccid driver are foobar on mac os X.

unfortunatly there is no driver by scmmicro themself for
mac OS X.

ludovic: does your ccid driver work on mac os X as well?
so maybe I can replace pcsc and the driver against your
version?

Does anyone else have better restuls with mac os X (10.4
tiger), scr 335 and cryptoflex cards? or any other card
reader or card?

Does anyone know if serial port towitoko readers work?
(I have a usb/serial converter, I hope it works with
mac os X, too).

Thanks for your help.

RE: mac os X sage continues

Stef Hoeben-2
Hi,

>Does anyone else have better restuls with mac os X (10.4
>tiger), scr 335 and cryptoflex cards? or any other card
>reader or card?

2 weeks ago it still worked with an ACR38 and SetCOS card.
Will try again tonight or tomorrow.

Stef

Re: mac os X sage continues

JP Szikora
Stef Hoeben a écrit :

>Hi,
>

>>Does anyone else have better restuls with mac os X (10.4
>>tiger), scr 335 and cryptoflex cards? or any other card
>>reader or card?
>>

>2 weeks ago it still worked with an ACR38 and SetCOS card.
>Will try again tonight or tomorrow.

Hi,

No problem to compile the last SVN (2619) on MacOSX Tiger. But there is
a problem still with pkcs15-init. It is not compiled/installed anymore.
I just found that now after a few checking. At a first sight, I think
that something bad happens at the big configure change at SVN2528.

Regards,

Jean-Pierre

--
Dr Jean-Pierre Szikora                   e-mail: [hidden email]
                                            tel: 32-2-764.75.00

Re: mac os X sage continues

On 22/09/05, Andreas Jellinghaus <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ludovic: does your ccid driver work on mac os X as well?
> so maybe I can replace pcsc and the driver against your
> version?

My ccid driver should work but I have not tested it yet.
You will have to install pcsc-lite 1.2.9 since MacOS X comes with
1.2.0 and my driver does not work with it.

Another option may be to use the Gemplus driver for MacOS X. It is a
port of an older version of my CCID driver to be used with Apple
pcsc-lite. You may have to edit the driver Info.plist file to add your
reader. I have not tested it either. Anybody wants to give me an Apple
computer? :-)

Bye,

[1] http://support.gemplus.com/gemdownload/readers/drivers.aspx?prodid=13

 For private mail use [hidden email] and not "big brother" Google