microSD

J.Witvliet

Hi,

Anybody around who has any (pos/neg) experience with smartcards packed in the form of a microSD?

I tried to obtain some samples before, but these appear to be vaporware…

Recently I came across two others: those from “tyfone” and from “go-trust”

Both of those companies are mainly smartphone centric, while my main objective is to use them initially in desktops, thin-clients, laptops, appliances

And perhaps later on, on other devices.

Most companies are willing to provide development-kits, after signing NDA’s, but I have no interest in developing applications on the smartcard.

I just want to access them with the pkcsxx-tools and vpn-software like openvpn and strongswan.

So I presume (correct me if I’m wrong) I should (..) be able to use standard applets/middleware.

Or am I completely mistaken and am I always subjected to a producers dev-tools? Sincerely hope not…

Kind regards, Hans.

Dit bericht kan informatie bevatten die niet voor u is bestemd. Indien u niet de geadresseerde bent of dit bericht abusievelijk aan u is toegezonden, wordt u verzocht dat aan de afzender te melden en het bericht te verwijderen. De Staat aanvaardt geen aansprakelijkheid voor schade, van welke aard ook, die verband houdt met risico's verbonden aan het electronisch verzenden van berichten.

Re: microSD

Andreas Schwier (ML)
Hi Hans,

the SmartCard-HSM (www.smartcard-hsm.com) is available as MicroSD Card.
Support for Android is provided through OCF (www.openscdp.org). The
device is fully supported by OpenSC.

Andreas

    ---------    CardContact Software & System Consulting
   |.##> <##.|   Andreas Schwier
   |#       #|   Schülerweg 38
   |#       #|   32429 Minden, Germany
   |'##> <##'|   Phone +49 571 56149
    ---------    http://www.cardcontact.de
                 http://www.tscons.de
                 http://www.openscdp.org
                 http://www.smartcard-hsm.com
                 http://www.coolpacs.org

Re: microSD

Vlastimil Pavicek

I have a negative experience with "G&D Mobile Security Card".
The card we had did not work at all and returned '6D00' to every APDU (even select).
The issue has not been resolved as the manufacturer (G&D Secure Flash Solutions) disappeared.
G&D simply refused any support as 'it is not their product'.

best regards
vlp