new readers

J.Witvliet

Dear all,

This week I received two readers from VASCO for evaluation, the DP870 and the DP875

Both are class-3 (PINPAD plus display), and the 875 has Bluetooth capabilities.

Last couple of years I have had quite a number of PINPAD readers for evaluation.

Most of them don’t work at all under Linux, some of them do, like the Gemalto CT710 (tnx Martin), but only with generic cards, like MyEID.

Until now _all_ of them failed to work with our AET applet and AET-drivers.

The DP870 does work out-of-the-box with opensc >= 13.0

Listing of open and protected structures (+PIN) work as expected.

The second reader is one with Bluetooth,

I am able to  connect/pair with the device (under Ubuntu-14.04-LTS), but that is as far as it gets.

Before delving into it (when I’m got permission to do so) is it theoretically possible to use Bluetooth smartcard readers in general, or is this completely uncharted territory.

(The Feitan BR301 only works through the USB-cable)

Kind regards, Hans.

Dit bericht kan informatie bevatten die niet voor u is bestemd. Indien u niet de geadresseerde bent of dit bericht abusievelijk aan u is toegezonden, wordt u verzocht dat aan de afzender te melden en het bericht te verwijderen. De Staat aanvaardt geen aansprakelijkheid voor schade, van welke aard ook, die verband houdt met risico's verbonden aan het electronisch verzenden van berichten.

Re: new readers

Dirk-Willem van Gulik
On 23 Sep 2015, at 14:07, <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Until now _all_ of them failed to work with our AET applet and AET-drivers.
> The DP870 does work out-of-the-box with opensc >= 13.0
> Listing of open and protected structures (+PIN) work as expected.

Would be nice to confirm they also work with the usual Feitian and other white-label cards.

>  The second reader is one with Bluetooth,
> I am able to  connect/pair with the device (under Ubuntu-14.04-LTS), but that is as far as it gets.
> Before delving into it (when I’m got permission to do so) is it theoretically possible to use Bluetooth smartcard readers in general, or is this completely uncharted territory.

I’ve gotten quite a few to work that expose a dead normal CCID/Serial with PC/SC - and which under the cover where pretty much a normal reader with no Bluetooth specific features (like card unseat, out of range). I.e. just treating the device; and naming it/mknod-ing it as a serial or single usb bulk endpoint (ignoring the control and interrupt endpoint for (un)seat). pcsc-lite is fairly easy to hack for this.

Dw.