openct + FreeBSD hotplug

Daniel Slezak
Hi,
I'm using FreeBSD 5.4 with openct-0.6.5, opensc-0.9.4 and token
iKey3000.
It works fine for me, but everytime I want use the token, I have to
insert key at first and than start openct deamon. Before removing
token,I have to stop deamon, else FreeBSD writes:
kernel: ugen0: at uhub1 port 1 (addr 2) disconnected
kernel: usb_detach_wait: ugen0 didn't detach

Option hotplug = yes | no in openct.conf has no influence.

I would expect to start openct deamon only one time, and than use
token to loging in.
Does anybody know, how could I do it?

Best regards
Daniel Slezak

Re: openct + FreeBSD hotplug

Andreas Jellinghaus-2
linux has the hotplugging in the kernel.

at least one of the *BSD has a usbd that can
act whenever hardware is handled, not sure about
FreeBSD.

if you can figure out how to tell freebsd:
whenver a device with product id A and vendor id B
is attached, run
/path/to/sbin/openct-control attach /proc/bus/usb/001/003 usb:973/1/100
(see openct.conf for product and vendor values and the driver value)

With usb every device has a fixed number while it is plugged in,
so above example is device 3 on controller 1. I know
freebsd has /dev/ugen*, but I have no idea how you make sure
the right device is addressed. is it /dev/ugen0.00 or something?
and if you have two tokens, can you use one via /dev/ugen.00 and
one via /dev/ugen.01 ?

well, if you can figure these out, that would be great.
the last time I tried freebsd, the kernel crashed all
the time when we added and removed tokens.

> I would expect to start openct deamon only one time, and than use
> token to loging in. Does anybody know, how could I do it?

openct is generic, so it does not need its own daemon.
but it requires the kernel or the usbd to tell it that
some device has appeared. we can give you product/vendor
id in whatever format you need, and we need to be called
with the product/vendor id of the new device and the
device filename (or any mechanism that tells us how to
address it).