openct question

Mr Dash Four
I seem to remember that in one of the 'r' revisions of openct there was
a feature added, which shuts off the smartcard (and powering off the usb
port as well) if it is unused for a specific period of time.

Which revision was that and is this time configurable (either through
the config file or at the command line)? Many thanks!

Re: openct question

Alon Bar-Lev
Not exactly...
The reader should support this... And it is implemented only for ccid driver.
You can use latest release.

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 6:29 PM, Mr Dash Four
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I seem to remember that in one of the 'r' revisions of openct there was
> a feature added, which shuts off the smartcard (and powering off the usb
> port as well) if it is unused for a specific period of time.
>
> Which revision was that and is this time configurable (either through
> the config file or at the command line)? Many thanks!

Re: openct question

Mr Dash Four

> Not exactly...
> The reader should support this... And it is implemented only for ccid driver.

I am using Aladdin 64k PRO and as far as I know it doesn't use ccid. An
article from Ludovic [1] describes such a feature in pcsc-lite (which I
do use on my gdm/Gnome machine), but it is not clear whether this is
available for OpenCT/OpenSC-only environments.

[1]http://ludovicrousseau.blogspot.com/2010/10/card-auto-power-on-and-off.html

Re: openct question

Alon Bar-Lev
In openct the only driver that supports urb is ccid.
Don't know what pcsc-lite supports.