opensc on mac os X

today I tried latest svn with mac os X
and my SCR 335 USB smart card reader and
a cryptoflex 32k egate card.

That combination works fine on linux, so I
wonder what is wrong. Attached is a log file
 - I couldn't even "opensc-tool -n".

card.c:221:sc_transceive: Sending 7 bytes (resp. 258 bytes):
00 A4 00 00 02 3F 00 .....?.
card.c:274:sc_transmit_apdu: Received 0 bytes (SW1=6A SW2=86)
iso7816.c:98:iso7816_check_sw: Incorrect parameters P1-P2
iso7816.c:440:iso7816_select_file: returning with: Incorrect parameters in
APDU
card.c:763:sc_select_file: returning with: Incorrect parameters in APDU
card-default.c:75:autodetect_class: got strange SWs: 0x6D 0x00
card-default.c:82:autodetect_class: detected CLA byte as 0x00
card-default.c:86:autodetect_class: SELECT FILE returned 0 bytes
card.c:480:sc_connect_card: card info: Unidentified card, -1, 0x0
card.c:481:sc_connect_card: returning with: 0
Using card driver Default driver for unknown cards.

before I had tried with 0.10.0-pre3 which didn't have nils latest
card.c fix (same story) and I also played with apdu_masquerade options
with no success (both none and case4as3).

Any idea what is wrong?

plain mac os X tiger, plus fink packages for automake,autoconf,libtool,
subversion, wget etc. plus current opensc trunk.

full log attached in case someone can find a clue in it.

I never tried opensc on mac os X before, so no idea at all.

opensc-macosx-tool.log (10K) Download Attachment

Re: opensc on mac os X

Chaskiel Grundman-3
--On Wednesday, September 21, 2005 21:20:46 +0200 Andreas Jellinghaus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> today I tried latest svn with mac os X
> and my SCR 335 USB smart card reader and
> a cryptoflex 32k egate card.

> card.c:954:match_atr_table: ATR     : 3b:75:94:00:00:62:02:02:02:01
This is not a cryptoflex card. smartcard_list.txt says:

3B 75 94 00 00 62 02 02 0[1-3] 01
        Schlumberger Cyberflex 32K e-gate

That's a java card with no filesystem. It cannot be used with opensc.

attachment0 (4K) Download Attachment

muscle applet on opensc

David Corcoran
Hi,

I've seen a few messages on the OpenSC mailing list which talk about
OpenSC not being able to support Java Card.  It should be very easy
to support the open source, Muscle applet under OpenSC.  The Muscle
applet is literally nothing more than a flat filesystem type card
which uses 4 byte id's instead of shorts.  If there is a 2 byte
limitation in the software, you could easily pad a couple of NULL's
to the 2 byte identifier in the plugin.

It could easily support a PKCS#15 structure as well - in fact it has
been done before.  The whole P15 structure goes in the MF which is
the only DF.
There are a couple of open source tools for loading the Muscle applet
on a variety of Java Cards as well.  Has anyone tried writing opensc
support for the Muscle applet ?  Its card edge specification is
located at:

http://www.musclecard.com/musclecard/files/mcardprot-1.2.1.pdf

If anyone is interested in writing support for it, I would be happy
to send a Java Card ....

Thanks,
Dave

On Sep 21, 2005, at 3:55 PM, Chaskiel M Grundman wrote:

> --On Wednesday, September 21, 2005 21:20:46 +0200 Andreas
> Jellinghaus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> today I tried latest svn with mac os X
>> and my SCR 335 USB smart card reader and
>> a cryptoflex 32k egate card.
>>

>> card.c:954:match_atr_table: ATR     : 3b:75:94:00:00:62:02:02:02:01
>>
> This is not a cryptoflex card. smartcard_list.txt says:
>
> 3B 75 94 00 00 62 02 02 0[1-3] 01
>        Schlumberger Cyberflex 32K e-gate
>
> That's a java card with no filesystem. It cannot be used with opensc.

------------
David Corcoran        [hidden email]
   Identity Alliance        http://www.identityalliance.com
   phone: 260-488-3099   fax: 260-488-2455

   Smart Cards, Biometrics, Training, Identity Management

Re: opensc on mac os X

oops. looks like someone bought the wrong cards
or they shipped the wrong cards. thanks, will check
all our cards right now.

Re: muscle applet on opensc

Nils Larsch
David Corcoran wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've seen a few messages on the OpenSC mailing list which talk about
> OpenSC not being able to support Java Card.  It should be very easy  to
> support the open source, Muscle applet under OpenSC.  The Muscle  applet
> is literally nothing more than a flat filesystem type card  which uses 4
> byte id's instead of shorts.  If there is a 2 byte  limitation in the
> software, you could easily pad a couple of NULL's  to the 2 byte
> identifier in the plugin.
>
> It could easily support a PKCS#15 structure as well - in fact it has
> been done before.  The whole P15 structure goes in the MF which is  the
> only DF.
> There are a couple of open source tools for loading the Muscle applet
> on a variety of Java Cards as well.  Has anyone tried writing opensc
> support for the Muscle applet ?  Its card edge specification is  located
> at:
>
> http://www.musclecard.com/musclecard/files/mcardprot-1.2.1.pdf
>
> If anyone is interested in writing support for it, I would be happy  to
> send a Java Card ....

Well I'm interested in having support for Muscle cards in opensc.
As it's a well-known open source smartcard project I think it's
rather strange that we (opensc) currently more less ignore it.
But as I'm always quite busy :) I can make no guarantee how much
time I can spend on this (neither do I currently know how much
time is actually necessary to support it).

Cheers,
Nils

Re: muscle applet on opensc

Bud P. Bruegger
At 11.09 23/09/2005 +0200, Nils Larsch wrote:

>David Corcoran wrote:
>>Hi,
>>I've seen a few messages on the OpenSC mailing list which talk about
>>OpenSC not being able to support Java Card.  It should be very easy  to
>>support the open source, Muscle applet under OpenSC.  The Muscle  applet
>>is literally nothing more than a flat filesystem type card  which uses 4
>>byte id's instead of shorts.  If there is a 2 byte  limitation in the
>>software, you could easily pad a couple of NULL's  to the 2 byte
>>identifier in the plugin.
>>It could easily support a PKCS#15 structure as well - in fact it has
>>been done before.  The whole P15 structure goes in the MF which is  the
>>only DF.
>>There are a couple of open source tools for loading the Muscle applet
>>on a variety of Java Cards as well.  Has anyone tried writing opensc
>>support for the Muscle applet ?  Its card edge specification is  located at:
>>http://www.musclecard.com/musclecard/files/mcardprot-1.2.1.pdf
>>If anyone is interested in writing support for it, I would be happy  to
>>send a Java Card ....
>
>Well I'm interested in having support for Muscle cards in opensc.
>As it's a well-known open source smartcard project I think it's
>rather strange that we (opensc) currently more less ignore it.
>But as I'm always quite busy :) I can make no guarantee how much
>time I can spend on this (neither do I currently know how much
>time is actually necessary to support it).

I believe that Martin Paljak is already working on this ;-).   Not sure
about the status.

-b

>Cheers,
>Nils

Ing. Bud P. Bruegger, Ph.D.                 +39-0564-488577
(voice),  -21139 (fax)
Servizio Elaborazione Dati                    e-mail:  [hidden email]
Comune di
Grosseto                            http://www.comune.grosseto.it/cie/
Via Ginori,
43                                      http://OpenPortalGuard.sf.net
58100 Grosseto (Tuscany, Italy)           jabber:  [hidden email]

Free Software in Public Administration:  not just a good idea, but a necessity

Perfection is attained, not when there is nothing more to be added, but
when there is nothing more to be taken away -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery