openssl + smartcard + extra libs

J.Witvliet
Hi all,

I'm trying to make our company card a bit more useful.

What I would like to do is generating a CSR with the help of the items stored on the card.
So I started with:
OpenSSL> engine dynamic -pre SO_PATH:/usr/lib/engines/engine_pkcs11.so -pre ID:pkcs11 -pre LIST_ADD:1 -pre LOAD -pre module_PATH:/usr/lib/opensc-pkcs11.so
(dynamic) Dynamic engine loading support
[Success]: SO_PATH:/usr/lib/engines/engine_pkcs11.so
[Success]: ID:pkcs11
[Success]: LIST_ADD:1
[Success]: LOAD
[Failure]: module_PATH:/usr/lib/opensc-pkcs11.so
2925:error:260AC089:engine routines:INT_CTRL_HELPER:invalid cmd name:eng_ctrl.c:134:
2925:error:260AB089:engine routines:ENGINE_ctrl_cmd_string:invalid cmd name:eng_ctrl.c:316:
Loaded: (pkcs11) pkcs11 engine
OpenSSL>

Then I remembered, that we need an additional lib from safesign.
But how do I add an additional lib to the ssl command?
I tried:
OpenSSL> engine dynamic -pre SO_PATH:/usr/lib/engines/engine_pkcs11.so -pre ID:pkcs11 -pre LIST_ADD:1 -pre LOAD -pre module_PATH:/usr/lib/libaetpkss.so.3.0
(dynamic) Dynamic engine loading support
[Success]: SO_PATH:/usr/lib/engines/engine_pkcs11.so
[Success]: ID:pkcs11
[Success]: LIST_ADD:1
[Success]: LOAD
[Failure]: module_PATH:/usr/lib/libaetpkss.so.3.0
2925:error:260AC089:engine routines:INT_CTRL_HELPER:invalid cmd name:eng_ctrl.c:134:
2925:error:260AB089:engine routines:ENGINE_ctrl_cmd_string:invalid cmd name:eng_ctrl.c:316:
Loaded: (pkcs11) pkcs11 engine
OpenSSL>

Obviously, I'm either doing something wrong or forgetting something.

Kind regards, Hans

Re: openssl + smartcard + extra libs

Douglas E. Engert

On 7/27/2012 6:08 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to make our company card a bit more useful.
>
> What I would like to do is generating a CSR with the help of the items stored on the card.
> So I started with:
> OpenSSL> engine dynamic -pre SO_PATH:/usr/lib/engines/engine_pkcs11.so -pre ID:pkcs11 -pre LIST_ADD:1 -pre LOAD -pre module_PATH:/usr/lib/opensc-pkcs11.so

Try to capitalize MODULE_PATH