pam-pkcs11 module buils and install

Aventra - Hannu Honkanen

Hi,

Can somebody help me with the build and install of the pam-pkcs11 module?

The problem is that I try to execute “make” I get an error:

“make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.”

I execute this as the documentation says[1], i.e. in the path where the src and other stuff is located.

I have tried the packages 0.6.3, 0.6.8 and the current svn trunk with the same error.

I’m I missing something here.

Kind regards

Toni

[1] http://www.opensc-project.org/doc/pam_pkcs11/pam_pkcs11.html#install

Re: pam-pkcs11 module buils and install

Ludovic Rousseau
2012/11/27 Toni Sjoblom - Aventra <[hidden email]>:

> Can somebody help me with the build and install of the pam-pkcs11 module?
>
> The problem is that I try to execute “make” I get an error:
>

> “make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.”
>

> I execute this as the documentation says[1], i.e. in the path where the src
> and other stuff is located.
>
> I have tried the packages 0.6.3, 0.6.8 and the current svn trunk with the
> same error.
>

> I’m I missing something here.

Yes, you missed something.
The documentation your are referring to is for using with a .tar.gz
archive. This is not the case when you use the code from svn.

You have to use the ./bootstrap script first to generate the configure script.

Note that the new repository for pam_pkcs11 is now on github [2].

Bye

[2] https://github.com/OpenSC/pam_pkcs11

Re: pam-pkcs11 module buils and install

Aventra - Hannu Honkanen
Hi,

yes, I have run the "./bootstrap" and "./configure". bootstrap works without error, but with ./configure I get:

"configure: error: could not locate pam libraries"

But, I figured out the problem. I had to get the "libpam0g-dev" package to my Ubuntu 11.10.

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards,
Toni