pcsc version / no reader.h file

Andreas Jellinghaus-2
Hi Ludovic,

could you please refresh my memory?

HAVE_PCSC_OLD depends on SCardControl
parameters which changed some day.

but what was the reason for HAVE_READER_H
(the test for reader.h header file)?
It does not seem to be uses anywhere in the
source.

Re: pcsc version / no reader.h file

Ludovic Rousseau
On 05/09/05, Andreas Jellinghaus <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Ludovic,

Hello,

> could you please refresh my memory?
>
> HAVE_PCSC_OLD depends on SCardControl
> parameters which changed some day.

Yes. The API changed in pcsc-lite-1.2.9-beta1 (May 2004)  to add a new
argument (dwControlCode) to be similar to the Windows API.

> but what was the reason for HAVE_READER_H
> (the test for reader.h header file)?
> It does not seem to be uses anywhere in the
> source.

reader.h contains some definitions shared between my CCID driver and
the application. For example CM_IOCTL_GET_FEATURE_REQUEST and
FEATURE_VERIFY_PIN_DIRECT used by src/libopensc/reader-pcsc.c

reader.h will be included in pcsc-lite-1.2.9-beta8 (not yet released).

I guess it is a bug that src/libopensc/reader-pcsc.c does not contain
something like:
#ifdef HAVE_READER_H
#include <reader.h>
#endif

Martin, any comment?

Bye,

 For private mail use [hidden email] and not "big brother" Google

Re: pcsc version / no reader.h file

Martin Paljak
On 9/5/05, Ludovic Rousseau <[hidden email]> wrote:
> reader.h contains some definitions shared between my CCID driver and
> the application. For example CM_IOCTL_GET_FEATURE_REQUEST and
> FEATURE_VERIFY_PIN_DIRECT used by src/libopensc/reader-pcsc.c
>
> reader.h will be included in pcsc-lite-1.2.9-beta8 (not yet released).
> Martin, any comment?
Yes, my bad commit. Also, a version for windows (part10.h) has to be
included. I'll commit it with some other pcsc related things soon.

OT: for me the latest ccid patch that includes the secure pin stuff
doesn't work any more. Even the scardcontrol example does not trigger
pin entry. Have to investigate but not a top priority currently.

m.

--
Martin Paljak
[hidden email]

Re: Re: pcsc version / no reader.h file

Andreas Jellinghaus-2
I wonder: what use is it to include a header file, if it is
not used anywhere?

or is it silently used (me to stupid to notice what will be different
if you have it)? what shall we write in the install documentation:
if you have pcsc-lite before 1.2.9 you might not have the "reader.h"
header file and thus you can't (... what?).

sorry, I'm still confused.

Re: Re: pcsc version / no reader.h file

Ludovic Rousseau
On 05/09/05, Andreas Jellinghaus <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I wonder: what use is it to include a header file, if it is
> not used anywhere?

As I said it is used in src/libopensc/reader-pcsc.c
Martin commited a patch to include it.

> or is it silently used (me to stupid to notice what will be different
> if you have it)? what shall we write in the install documentation:
> if you have pcsc-lite before 1.2.9 you might not have the "reader.h"
> header file and thus you can't (... what?).

Without this header file you can't do secure verify pin and secure
modify pin commands for readers with a pinpad. At least that is how it
is implemented in my CCID driver and how it is described in PCSC v2
part 10. I have no idea of how it should be done in OpenCT.

On Tuesday 06 September 2005 08:38, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:
> Without this header file you can't do secure verify pin and secure
> modify pin commands for readers with a pinpad. At least that is how it
> is implemented in my CCID driver and how it is described in PCSC v2
> part 10.

ok, thats the part I wanted to know: for recent pinpad support
(as defined in PCSC v2 part 10) you need pcsc-lite >= 1.2.9(-beta8)
and opensc compiled with that pcsc-lite version, as well a driver
that supports it (e.g. your ifd-ccid).

> I have no idea of how it should be done in OpenCT.

I have no idea either. Guess we should look at what pcsc does
and clone it? ie. provide a similar api on top and similar
commends driver<->device at the buttom. volunteers?
#include <i_m_to_busy_and_dont_even_know_pcsc_v2_part10> :)

Thanks!

Regards, Andreas
p.s. best place to talk about pinpad in the wiki? a new page?
is there already one?