"how-to" guide for "external" card drivers?

"how-to" guide for "external" card drivers?

Hammer, Tim

I have been unable to locate any documentation describing how to create an “external” card driver that is loaded by a directive in the conf file. The “New card driver” example and description seems to be only for a “built-in” driver.

Can someone please help me with a better search string or a pointer to such a document?

Thanks!

--

.Tim

Tim D. Hammer
Software Developer
Global Business & Services Group
Xerox Corporation
M/S 0207-02Z
800 Phillips Road
Webster, NY 14580

Phone: 585/427-1684
Fax:
      585/422-7532
Mail:

Re: "how-to" guide for "external" card drivers?

Douglas E Engert

On 6/16/2015 4:49 PM, Hammer, Tim wrote:
> I have been unable to locate any documentation describing how to create an “external” card driver that is loaded by a directive in the conf file. The “New card driver” example and description seems to
> be only for a “built-in” driver.

Not sure if there is any documentation on how to do this. One issue with external drivers is they can get out of sync
with the rest of OpenSC, so all newer drivers have been internal. This allows the driver to get updated even if the original
author or the code is not available. They also have to be built separately.

look at load_card_drivers in ctx.c. Basicly the external driver is in its own library and is dynamically loaded.
Each card driver both internal and external have one public function, sc_get_<name>_driver, that
returns a  sc_card_driver_t structure. External drivers have a sc_module_init that is used by the load_card_drivers.

Hope this helps.

> Can someone please help me with a better search string or a pointer to such a document?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
>
> */.Tim/*
>
> *Tim D. Hammer
> Software Developer
> Global Business & Services Group
> *Xerox Corporation
> M/S 0207-02Z
> 800 Phillips Road
> Webster, NY 14580*
>
> *Phone: 585/427-1684
> Fax:585/422-7532
> Mail:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>//

Re: "how-to" guide for "external" card drivers?

Frank Morgner
Hi!

I can't really give a guide, but here you can find an example
https://github.com/frankmorgner/vsmartcard/blob/master/npa/src/card-npa.c
with its configuration file
https://github.com/frankmorgner/vsmartcard/blob/master/npa/opensc.conf.in
I hope, this helps!