soft token

Vedran Bartonicek
Hello,
I am considering hooking up a smart card emulation engine to OpenCT.
But as it seems OpenCT supports drivers for USB and serial devices only.
Has anyone tried to use soft token or sc emulation engine with OpenCT?
-Vedran

Re: soft token

Andre Zepezauer
Hello,

On Wed, 2010-11-24 at 08:11 +0200, Vedran Bartonicek wrote:
> Hello,
> I am considering hooking up a smart card emulation engine to OpenCT.
> But as it seems OpenCT supports drivers for USB and serial devices only.
> Has anyone tried to use soft token or sc emulation engine with OpenCT?

1. you need that smart card emulation engine
2. depending on the engine, you have to write more or less glue code
3. you should also consider IFDHandler interface for PC/SC

Regards
Andre

Re: soft token

2010/11/24 Vedran Bartonicek <[hidden email]>:

> I am considering hooking up a smart card emulation engine to OpenCT.

Why OpenCT?
Why not the IFDHandler interface for PC/SC [1] as suggested by Andre?

Bye

[1] http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/api/group__IFDHandler.html

Re: soft token

Vedran Bartonicek
Hello,
Thanks for the comments.
> Why OpenCT?
So far I am researching which component (PC/SC - IFD Handler & OpenCT
driver) would be easier to adapt to usage with SC emulation engine.
IFDHandler interface for PC/SC I haven't studied yet. It seems to also
support only USB and serial SCs.
So any solutuion if fine for me, as long as I am able to find any way
to use SC emulation engine.

> Why not the IFDHandler interface for PC/SC [1] as suggested by Andre?
Would anyone happen to know how painful would it be to use IFDHandler
with  SC emulation engine?

-Vedran

On 24 November 2010 10:01, Ludovic Rousseau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2010/11/24 Vedran Bartonicek <[hidden email]>:
>> Hello,
>
> Hi,
>
>> I am considering hooking up a smart card emulation engine to OpenCT.
>
> Why OpenCT?
> Why not the IFDHandler interface for PC/SC [1] as suggested by Andre?
>
> Bye
>
> [1] http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/api/group__IFDHandler.html
>
> --
>  Dr. Ludovic Rousseau

Re: soft token

On Nov 24, 2010, at 11:30 AM, Vedran Bartonicek wrote:

> Hello,
> Thanks for the comments.
>> Why OpenCT?
> So far I am researching which component (PC/SC - IFD Handler & OpenCT
> driver) would be easier to adapt to usage with SC emulation engine.
> IFDHandler interface for PC/SC I haven't studied yet. It seems to also
> support only USB and serial SCs.
> So any solutuion if fine for me, as long as I am able to find any way
> to use SC emulation engine.
>
>> Why not the IFDHandler interface for PC/SC [1] as suggested by Andre?
> Would anyone happen to know how painful would it be to use IFDHandler
> with  SC emulation engine?

What exactly are you trying to do? The term "soft token" is often used to refer to "software PKCS#11" style modules or basically algorithms implemented in software rather than hardware.

If you're looking for APDU level emulation for a smart card, you might be interested in vsmartcard [1] that does something similar. But I don't know the fine details.

--
@MartinPaljak.net
+3725156495

Re: soft token

2010/11/24 Vedran Bartonicek <[hidden email]>:
> Hello,
> Thanks for the comments.
>> Why OpenCT?
> So far I am researching which component (PC/SC - IFD Handler & OpenCT
> driver) would be easier to adapt to usage with SC emulation engine.
> IFDHandler interface for PC/SC I haven't studied yet. It seems to also
> support only USB and serial SCs.
> So any solutuion if fine for me, as long as I am able to find any way
> to use SC emulation engine.

An IFDHandler can use anything. You can configure the driver using a
reader.conf file containing:
# Configuration file for pcsc-lite
FRIENDLYNAME  Generic Reader
DEVICENAME    /dev/ttyS0
LIBPATH       /usr/lib/pcsc/drivers/libgen_ifd.so
CHANNELID     1

You can use anything for CHANNELID and omit the DEVICENAME

See http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/api/group__IFDHandler.html

Re: soft token

Vedran Bartonicek
On 24 November 2010 14:52, Ludovic Rousseau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2010/11/24 Vedran Bartonicek <[hidden email]>:
>> Hello,
>> Thanks for the comments.
>>> Why OpenCT?
>> So far I am researching which component (PC/SC - IFD Handler & OpenCT
>> driver) would be easier to adapt to usage with SC emulation engine.
>> IFDHandler interface for PC/SC I haven't studied yet. It seems to also
>> support only USB and serial SCs.
>> So any solutuion if fine for me, as long as I am able to find any way
>> to use SC emulation engine.
>
> An IFDHandler can use anything. You can configure the driver using a
> reader.conf file containing:
> # Configuration file for pcsc-lite
> FRIENDLYNAME  Generic Reader
> DEVICENAME    /dev/ttyS0
> LIBPATH       /usr/lib/pcsc/drivers/libgen_ifd.so
> CHANNELID     1
>
> You can use anything for CHANNELID and omit the DEVICENAME
>
> See http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/api/group__IFDHandler.html
>
> --
>  Dr. Ludovic Rousseau

Thanks for the hints.