spr 532 pinpad reader: usb class?

if you have a spr 532 pinpad reader, please
plug it in, run "lsusb -v" and look at the output.

it is supposed to be a usb ccid device, but the device
is marked as:
      bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class

as far as I can see - thus it is not properly detected
by openct. can you verify this with your reader?

Also please mention your firmware version in case you
know it (no idea which version I have, but I remember
updateing it once).

Thanks.

Re: spr 532 pinpad reader: usb class?

Martin Preuss-2
Hi,

On Thursday 15 December 2005 15:10, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
[...]
> if you have a spr 532 pinpad reader, please
> plug it in, run "lsusb -v" and look at the output.
>
> it is supposed to be a usb ccid device, but the device
> is marked as:
>       bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
>
> as far as I can see - thus it is not properly detected
> by openct. can you verify this with your reader?
[...]

I have a SCM SPR532 with firmware 5.07beta, and I can confirm your findings.

Libchipcard2 uses the USB id to identify and setup the reader (using the free
CCID driver in this case), maybe OpenCT should do the same?

Regards

"Things are only impossible until they're not"

AqBanking - http://www.aquamaniac.de/aqbanking/
LibChipcard - http://www.libchipcard.de/

Re: spr 532 pinpad reader: usb class?

Andreas Jellinghaus-2
Am Donnerstag, 15. Dezember 2005 15:28 schrieb Martin Preuss:
> I have a SCM SPR532 with firmware 5.07beta, and I can confirm your
> findings.

thanks.

> Libchipcard2 uses the USB id to identify and setup the reader (using the
> free CCID driver in this case), maybe OpenCT should do the same?

internaly we only look at vendor/product id, but for the hotplugging
we have the /etc/hotplug/usb/openct.usermap file which can and does
match using the device class.

Well, added one more line to that file, so it will be fixed in the
next openct release.

Thanks for your help!