support for German HPC card

Nils Larsch
Is there any interest in support for the German HPC card
(Healthcare Professional Card) in OpenSC ? To write a basic
card driver shouldn't be too difficult as the specs are
quite precise. However to really use the card some more
addition to OpenSC are needed (secure messaging, new API ?).
Does anybody know whether it is possible to get test cards ?

Cheers,
Nils

Re: support for German HPC card

Peter Koch-3
Hi Nils

> Is there any interest in support for the German HPC card
> (Healthcare Professional Card) in OpenSC ? To write a basic
> card driver shouldn't be too difficult as the specs are
> quite precise. However to really use the card some more
> addition to OpenSC are needed (secure messaging, new API ?).

There SHOULD be great interest, expecially as there is no
software-support for HPCs right know. At least none that
I know of. But I'm afraid there is no such interest.

Or is anybody else (besides Nils and me) interested in
german HPC ??!!

> Does anybody know whether it is possible to get test cards ?

I do have a prototype of an HPC right in front of me.
It's a Startcos 3.x card with x>1. Maybe I can get my hands
on a Micardo based HPC soon.

It's almost impossibe to get these cards and I must give it
back next week.

Peter

--
DSL-Aktion wegen großer Nachfrage bis 28.2.2006 verlängert:
GMX DSL-Flatrate 1 Jahr kostenlos* http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Re: support for German HPC card

Andreas Jellinghaus-2
Am Montag, 9. Januar 2006 00:16 schrieb Peter Koch:
> There SHOULD be great interest, expecially as there is no
> software-support for HPCs right know. At least none that
> I know of. But I'm afraid there is no such interest.
>
> Or is anybody else (besides Nils and me) interested in
> german HPC ??!!

sure, but I have no idea where to get one, and lots of things
on my todo list i.e. not much time for helping.

but shouldn't there be several tenthousands of cards
in test regions? maybe there is someone who could help
and test?

Re: support for German HPC card

Peter Koch-3
> but shouldn't there be several tenthousands of cards
> in test regions? maybe there is someone who could help
> and test?

A test region has about 1000 patients and a couple of physicians and
appothecaries. The patients don't have an HPC (health PROFESSIONAL card) but
a "elektronische Gesundheitskarte" only, so you must find a doctor with an
HPC. Right now the HPC is only used for signing "elektronische Rezepte" and
this is done by the doctors only. I doubt that card to card authentication
is possible right know (especially if the cards involved have different card
operation systems).

Wouldn't it be nice if the OpenSC implementation of the HPC 2.09 standard
was available before the cards are :-))

Peter

Re: support for German HPC card

Martin Preuss-2

On Monday 09 January 2006 00:16, Peter Koch wrote:
[...]

> > Is there any interest in support for the German HPC card
> > (Healthcare Professional Card) in OpenSC ? To write a basic
> > card driver shouldn't be too difficult as the specs are
> > quite precise. However to really use the card some more
> > addition to OpenSC are needed (secure messaging, new API ?).
>
> There SHOULD be great interest, expecially as there is no
> software-support for HPCs right know. At least none that
> I know of. But I'm afraid there is no such interest.
>
> Or is anybody else (besides Nils and me) interested in
> german HPC ??!!
[...]
I am, since I'm going to be a user of that card in about two years (provided
that I pass my exams :-)

Regards
Martin Preuss

--
"Things are only impossible until they're not"

AqBanking - http://www.aquamaniac.de/aqbanking/
LibChipcard - http://www.libchipcard.de/

Peter Koch wrote:

>>but shouldn't there be several tenthousands of cards
>>in test regions? maybe there is someone who could help
>>and test?
>

> A test region has about 1000 patients and a couple of physicians and
> appothecaries. The patients don't have an HPC (health PROFESSIONAL card) but
> a "elektronische Gesundheitskarte" only, so you must find a doctor with an
> HPC. Right now the HPC is only used for signing "elektronische Rezepte" and
> this is done by the doctors only. I doubt that card to card authentication
> is possible right know (especially if the cards involved have different card
> operation systems).
>
> Wouldn't it be nice if the OpenSC implementation of the HPC 2.09 standard
> was available before the cards are :-))

writing a very basic card driver should be almost trivial (well it least
it should be, I didn't examined the HPC specs for potential problems so
far). But I wouldn't call this an "implementation of the HPC 2.09
standard" in OpenSC, for this we need to decide which features we want
to offer (i.e. a external API, as for example pkcs11 isn't afaik really
useful in this case).

Cheers,
Nils

Re: support for German HPC card

Werner Koch
On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 01:01:30 +0100 (MET), Peter Koch said:

> this is done by the doctors only. I doubt that card to card authentication
> is possible right know (especially if the cards involved have different card
> operation systems).

According to my information there are no actual cards available.  The
cards currently floating around are fakes based on simple signature
applications and don't implement any of the (not yet agreed upon)
standards.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner