support to threadx

sarat

Hi,

1.       As CCID don’t support ThreadX, it is obvious that OpenSC can’t be used in ThreadX environment, If not please give me your explanation on this?

2.       I come across some question like does OpenSC supports FIPS standard, but as far as my understanding OpenSC supports some cards out of which few are FIPS complaint and few or not? So I think FIPS complaint is something which we have to check with the card we are using and not with OpenSC, If I’m wrong please provide your explanation on this?

Thank you.

Regards,

Sarat G

Re: support to threadx

> 1.       As CCID don’t support ThreadX, it is obvious that OpenSC can’t be
> used in ThreadX environment, If not please give me your explanation on this?

I guess that for you ThreadX is the Real-Time Operating System (RTOS)
http://rtos.com/products/threadx/. Exact?
Would you help port my CCID driver to ThreadX?

> 2.       I come across some question like does OpenSC supports FIPS
> standard, but as far as my understanding OpenSC supports some cards out of
> which few are FIPS complaint and few or not? So I think FIPS complaint is
> something which we have to check with the card we are using and not with
> OpenSC, If I’m wrong please provide your explanation on this?

You should tell us what FIPS standard exactly you are referring to.

Re: support to threadx

sarat
Samsung Enterprise Portal mySingle

Hi Dr. Ludovic Rousseau,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I mean FIPS 140-2 standard. I'm thinking that cards follow some specific standards and OpenSC implements those standards if at all OpenSC wants to supports that card. Can you please correct me regarding this.

Thank you.

Regards,

Sarat G

Title : Re: [Opensc-devel] support to threadx

> 1.       As CCID don’t support ThreadX, it is obvious that OpenSC can’t be
> used in ThreadX environment, If not please give me your explanation on this?

I guess that for you ThreadX is the Real-Time Operating System (RTOS)
http://rtos.com/products/threadx/. Exact?
Would you help port my CCID driver to ThreadX?

> 2.       I come across some question like does OpenSC supports FIPS
> standard, but as far as my understanding OpenSC supports some cards out of
> which few are FIPS complaint and few or not? So I think FIPS complaint is
> something which we have to check with the card we are using and not with
> OpenSC, If I’m wrong please provide your explanation on this?

You should tell us what FIPS standard exactly you are referring to.

Re: support to threadx

Martin Paljak-4
- OpenSC is not a cryptographic module, it is a library for talking to such modules (smart cards)
- OpenSC does not have FIPS validation, oviously
- Even if the card you choose to use has FIPS validation, keep in mind this obviously often forgotten observation from the same standard:

"Similarly, the use of a validated cryptographic module in a computer or telecommunications system does not guarantee the security of the overall system."

Re: support to threadx

On 2/9/2015 2:57 AM, sarat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1.As CCID don’t support ThreadX, it is obvious that OpenSC can’t be used in ThreadX environment, If not please give me your explanation on this?
>
> 2.I come across some question like does OpenSC supports FIPS standard, but as far as my understanding OpenSC supports some cards out of which few are FIPS complaint and few or not? So I think FIPS
> complaint is something which we have to check with the card we are using and not with OpenSC, If I’m wrong please provide your explanation on this?

Start here:
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIPS_140-2

Google for: fips 140-2 smart cards

You will have to decide if this is a requirement for your product, and how much
of the additional software in your product needs to be complaint and what needs to be validated.

Note that OpenSC does not do any asymmetric crypto in its own code but relies on the smart cards.
OpenSSL in used in some cases such as when using symmetric keys for provisioning or secure messaging.
OpenSC may not be for you.

> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sarat G

Re: support to threadx

Sarat G
I got it now, Like all the time, thank you Martin and Engert, For clarifying the doubts :)

Regards,
Sarat G

Regards,
Sarat G