the name game / new library / documentation [u]

the name game / new library / documentation [u]

Andreas Jellinghaus-2
as some might have already noticed:
I moved the p11_*.c files from sslengines
to a new subdirectory and created a new library,
because I think other apps could use that functionality
as well.

The name is currently "libp11". the first three people
to submit a patch get to choose a better name - but
you need to agree on one (isn't that a good incentive
to dig into it and improve it? :))

The library is a thin layer on top of pkcs#11 to make
it easier to use such libraries. It works with opensc
but should work with any pkcs#11 engine.

I plan to keep the library inside opensc, so we can
have new regression tests that use it, but I'm thinking
about creating a standalone tar.gz file with only that
library - but 100% the same code - as well, for third
party users. License is LGPL or what Olaf Kirch and
Kevin Stefanik agree one (all theirs, I didn't even
write a single line of code).

Can anyone enlighten me what the current best practice
for documenting a library is? some javadoc style stuff
or what else? what tools and formats etc. do you suggest?

Help is very welcome, but please be aware: the library
is new and will need to evolve so changes are likely.
Still that shouldn't stop us from writing documentation.

Re: the name game / new library / documentation [u]

Roumen Petrov-2
[SNIP]
> Can anyone enlighten me what the current best practice
> for documenting a library is? some javadoc style stuff
> or what else? what tools and formats etc. do you suggest?

What about doxygen ?