using opensc-pkcs11.dll to generate keys on the token

using opensc-pkcs11.dll to generate keys on the token

Michal Prochazka
Hello,

I've noticed that there was discuss about generating keys on the token using
opensc-pkcs11.so. I've tried to generate keys in Firefox-Mozilla under
Windows and Linux but on both platforms it crashed. I'm using trunk version
(10.10.2005) of OpenSC an iKey3000 token.

I have also tried pkcs11-tool -k -l, but it crashed in the same way.

When I was debuging (pkcs11-tool -k -l), I saw that after user PIN prompt,
it was recognized as SO-PIN instead User PIN. That is why program was unable
to autenticate towards the token (included debug: debug_1, error_1). When I
tried change type of pin in runtime it crashed on card command fial
(included debug: debug_2, error_2).

When I added option --module aetpkss1.dll (bundled pkcs11 engine with
iKey3000) to pkcs11-tool key was generated successfully but I need
opensc-pkcs11.dll to do it.

Any suggestion? Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Michal

opensc-errors_1.log (179 bytes) Download Attachment
opensc-debug_2.log (60K) Download Attachment

Re: using opensc-pkcs11.dll to generate keys on the token

Nils Larsch
Michal Prochazka wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've noticed that there was discuss about generating keys on the token using
> opensc-pkcs11.so. I've tried to generate keys in Firefox-Mozilla under
> Windows and Linux but on both platforms it crashed.

could you give us a backtrace ?

> I'm using trunk version
> (10.10.2005) of OpenSC an iKey3000 token.
>
> I have also tried pkcs11-tool -k -l, but it crashed in the same way.
>
> When I was debuging (pkcs11-tool -k -l), I saw that after user PIN prompt,
> it was recognized as SO-PIN instead User PIN. That is why program was unable
> to autenticate towards the token (included debug: debug_1, error_1). When I
> tried change type of pin in runtime it crashed on card command fial
> (included debug: debug_2, error_2).
>
> When I added option --module aetpkss1.dll (bundled pkcs11 engine with
> iKey3000) to pkcs11-tool key was generated successfully but I need
> opensc-pkcs11.dll to do it.

in case you've personalized the token with the aet software it can't
work due to the way how the aet software initialize the card

Cheers,
Nils